Transform found vines and weeds into beautiful baskets at our studio and workshop in Noosaville.
Basket Weaving is one of the oldest traditional crafts practiced in many countries across the globe. The variety of materials used is endless and mainly sourced from plants available in the local environment. The joy of making a basket using materials collected from the natural environment is both satisfying and exciting.
You will be filled with pride as you admire your own handmade basket and the joy you can experience when you give a basket you have made, filled with homemade or homegrown goodies is a pleasure to give and an immense delight to receive.
Everyone will make a large basket which can be used for anything from small shopping sprees or to store your fresh produce.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- All materials supplied to make a large basket
- Tips on how to collect, prepare and store organic weaving materials.
- The skills you will learn will allow you to make and create many styles of baskets using endless types of readily available resources.
- Participants will go home with their very own functional handmade creative basket, instruction leaflet, plant material list and the skills to make many more basket creations
WHAT TO BRING
- Wear old clothes or an apron as it can get a little grubby
- Scissors are supplied, but bring along a favourite pair of secateurs if you have some.
Wild Baskets is lead by Judith, the weaver and Richard, the hunter-gatherer. Together they have been making baskets using plant material they have sourced from the garden, and weed vines they have collected from re-vegetation and clearing sites for over 20 years.
When: Saturday, 23 February
Time: 9:30am – 12:30pm
Where: Lipstick Lane Atelier + Showroom, 2/5 Commerce Ct, Noosaville QLD 4566